Monday, December 14, 2009

my new tool

It's here! My new Silhouette SD digital cutter. I'm so excited about this new tool. I've been anticipating it's arrival and now it's in my presence, right next to me. I tried it out for a few little paper projects already. I'm still learning how to use it, but the possiblities seem endless. Already it's been very useful for card making, scrapbooking and gift tags. I'm excited to see what I can create and possibly sell.

I can't help but relate this to our relationship with God. Just as tools are made for specific uses, God has created each one of us for a purpose. We can choose to use our talents for our own glory or for God's glory. But the person that God can really use isn't necessarily the one who is dripping with talent. It's simply the person who is available, choosing to be in God's presence, sitting with Him. And He must think, 'I'm excited to see what I can do through this person, My beloved creation, My child.'

That's the kind of person I want to be - a surrendered person who allows God to use me for His glory. He knows what's best. "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment