Friday, January 1, 2010

paper ornament craft


My girls and I had fun with a quick ornament craft this Christmas. Even my 3 year old was able to do it. We took a Christmas catalog and cut it into 2" strips. Then we made a "sandwich" out of 5 strips in these lengths: 11"-8"-5"-8"-11". The ends were then lined up and stapled. The result was a colorful oblong paper ornament. I strung 5 of them together to make a garland for my dining room. The clean up was easy and the girls were delighted to show their Daddy when he came home. These would make great party decorations too - just use colored strips of paper to match your party decor. Hang tassles or ribbon on the bottom for extra flair. The idea came from an Etsy shop called Bookity, that recycles old books into interesting crafts. Thanks for the inspiration, Bookity!

No comments:

Post a Comment