Tuesday, January 5, 2010

cheap photo cards


I thought I'd share a little secret about the holidy photo cards that I send around to my family and friends. They are 3" x 4", the perfect size for inserting into cards or pasting onto quarter-sheet notes for use with an A2 envelope. I design my 3" x 4" layout using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Then I copy the design and make it 2-up on a 4" x 6" high resolution document in Photoshop. That's the perfect size to take to any photo printer, like Costco or Walmart. I personally like to use Winkflash and Shutterfly. Winkflash has prints for 9 cents each, but often has a 6 cent sale, which makes each photo card only 3 cents each. Can't beat that price! The quality has been fine for most of my projects. I've noticed that Shutterfly prints are more crisp looking, so if you need high quailty, use Shutterfly. Just know that you will typically pay 15 cents a print.

When the prints are home I simply trim them in half. And that's my little "secret." Shhh - don't tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment