Tuesday, January 26, 2010

high-five party favor

My daughter recently turned 5 years old. Her birthday is right after the holidays, when most people are worn out from celebrating, so I try to at least make it special for her at school. This year I used my handy dandy Silhouette SD digital cutter to make some cute boxes to hold treats. It was so nice to see her happily handing them out to each child in her class. To fit the sticker sheet, stamp and candy inside, I needed to make a box that was at least 5" long. The design time was minimal because I was able to find a triangular box design on the Silhouette website. (Now that I have 3 kids, I take any shortcut I can get!) Then all I had to do was add a "5" as a window cut-out and a print a cute little celebratory strip to wrap around the box. It says "Jump and jive, 'K' is..." The result was a perfect little party favor that was quickly ripped open by each excited child. Oh well. I knew they wouldn't last forever. That's why we take photos, right? The important thing is that it made some special little kids smile, especially my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment