Tuesday, February 9, 2010

valentine butterflies


Love is in the air!  I have too much fun re-living my childhood when Valentine’s Day rolls around.  My daughter has to bring 15 signed valentine cards to school this week and we decided to make them by hand instead of buying them this year.  I saw a cute idea in Family Fun magazine to make butterflies out of old fashioned candy sticks.  So we took the idea and changed it so suit our own needs.  I found valentine message suckers at the store that would make a perfect fit.  First, I scanned in a mock-up butterfly shape and traced it in Adobe Illustrator.  Next, I printed some of my digital scrapbooking papers on cardstock.  Then I used my Silhouette to cut these out.

You can also use traditional means.  Trace the shape on paper and cut it out with scissors.  Then hole-punch the center 2 times so a sucker can be weaved through.  Use a 1/8" hole punch if you have one. My 5 year old practiced writing names on each one.  We both had fun.  Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment