Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a pony party

It's been a long time since my last post. I've gotten swamped with design projects. But I'm back now and have lots of new stuff to post.


My sweet little niece recently turned 4 years old. As if I wasn’t busy enough, I agreed to design the invitation. I just can’t help myself – I love making invites! My niece loves ponies, animals and cute princess-sparkly-stuff. Of course, there were pony rides at the party. So I made 2 versions with custom pony designs. She picked this one with the big pink pony. I’m grateful for Digital Freebies and Shabby Princess for all the free digiscrap elements I was able to use. I also found a cute "handwritten" font from Kevin & Amanda. I printed them on a color laser printer, glued them to pink cardstock, used fancy corner punches and ‘voila’, we had a custom invitation for just pennies.


My sister-in-law, Grace, and her friend made the cutest bandanas for the kiddos, complete with matching sheriff stars. She also made adorable little cowgirl outfits for her girls. (I mentioned before that she is crazy when it comes to this kind of stuff.)


All the kids and parents had a great time. My next big project has been a baby shower for my sister. I’m working on preparing all the photos of her shower to be posted soon. So...Ya'll come back now, ya hear!


No comments:

Post a Comment